Young dad of 2 electrocuted in work accident, WV police say
A young father of two was killed in a work accident, West Virginia State Police told local news outlets.
Police said Daniel McGrath, who was as a utility worker, was electrocuted while installing fiber optic wire from a bucket truck in Oakvale the morning of Jan. 11, according to WVVA’s reporting.
Details about McGrath’s employer have not been release by police, an investigator told the Bluefield Daily Telegraph. The state medical examiner will conduct an autopsy.
West Virginia State Police did not immediately respond to McClatchy News’ request for comment.
McGrath, 24, leaves behind his fiancée, Sav McGraw, and two young children, according to social media posts from friends and family. He is remembered as a “very special man.”
McGraw said McGrath was her “heart and soul” in a Facebook post.
“Oh how I’ll miss your infectious smile! He had a heart as big as the ocean & always provided for my niece & the babies! You truly will be missed by so many,” one loved one shared in a Facebook post.
“The world lost a great man/brother/son/friend/father today,” a friend posted. “Life’s not gonna be the same without you.”
“Always were the life of the party. And for sure knew how to make a bad moment better,” another friend wrote on Facebook.
Oakvale is about 160 miles northwest of Greensboro, North Carolina.