Sushi Bowl + is open at Dilworth Gardens shopping center.
It’s Sushi Bowl + owner Jason Zheng’s first restaurant. He has more than 18 years of industry experience throughout the country, from California to Philadelphia. Zheng said he chose Charlotte because it’s a thriving city.
Other businesses at the shopping center include The Fresh Market, Brixx Pizza, Outback Steakhouse, Pio Pio and Thai Thai restaurants.
“We try to focus on healthy, quality and fast casual,” Zheng said.
What to expect
Sushi Bowl + focuses on poke bowls, a traditional Hawaiian salad dish made up of raw fish, salad and Japanese sushi.
The restaurant offers three custom bowls — naming them vegan, skinny and muscle. Customers also can build their own bowls with two, three or four scoops of proteins. Choices include:
- Base: Sushi rice, spring mix or combo.
- Proteins: Tuna, salmon, crab salad, grilled chicken, shrimp and tofu.
- 14 topping choices include: Edamame, seaweed salad, pineapple and avocado.
- 11 sauce options include: Yumyum, wasabi, poke and teriyaki.
- 7 garnish choices include: Roasted seaweed, cashew nut and tempura flake.
Zheng recommends the muscle bowl, “an everything bowl,” with salmon, spicy tuna and crab salad, plus tamago (a sweet egg omelet), several toppings and sauces.
Prices range from about $10-$18.
The restaurant is open from 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m. and 4:30-9 p.m. daily for dine-in or takeout.