A Bunnings is among a handful of new Covid-19 exposure sites revealed by New South Wales Health overnight.
Just after 9pm on Monday, when NSW recorded 35 locally acquired cases, health officials listed six new venues that require immediate testing for people who visited at certain times.
NSW Health urged anyone who attended these venues at the times listed below is a close contact and must immediately get tested and isolate for 14 days, regardless of the result, and call 1800 943 553 unless they have already been contacted by NSW Health.
A Chinese grocery store at Marrickville was also flagged as a major concern with a positive case attending for five days while infectious.
- Bridge of Belfield Pharmacy, 9 Burwood Road, Monday, 28 June, 8.20am – 8.40am
- Frango Charcoal Chicken, 8/2074 Camden Valley Way, Friday, 2 July, 9am – 3pm
- Little Hong Kong, Marrickville Metro Shopping Centre, Saturday, 26 June, 9am – 2pm, Sunday, 27 June, 9am – 2pm, Monday, 28 June, 9am – 2pm, Tuesday, 29 June, 9am – 2pm, Wednesday, 30 June, 9am – 2pm, Thursday, 1 July, 9am – 2pm
Anyone who attended the following venues at the listed times is a casual contact who must immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.
- Chemist Warehouse, Westfield Level 1, Friday, 2 July 1:30pm – 1:55pm
- Hurricane’s Grill, 130 Roscoe St, Wednesday, 23 June, 5:20pm – 7pm
- Bunnings Kingsgrove, Cnr Richland St & Kingsgrove Rd, Tuesday, 29 June 3:40pm – 3:50pm
Anyone who attended the following venue at the times listed must monitor for symptoms. If they occur, get tested immediately and self-isolate until you receive a negative result.
- Sydney Adventist Hospital Ground Floor of Tulloch Building (where the main entrance is), 185 Fox Valley Rd, Monday, 28 June, 2pm – 2:15pm
Earlier on Monday, shoppers who attended a suburban Aldi supermarket in northwestern Sydney were told to isolate and get a test, after a positive case visited the store late last week.
In an urgent alert sent out on Monday evening, NSW Health authorities identified the Rydalmere Aldi as a close contact exposure site.
Anyone who attended the Aldi on Victoria Road on Thursday July 1 between 8am and 3pm, and on Friday July 2 between 2pm and 8.30pm has been told to get a test and isolate for fourteen days.
Authorities also flagged a nightclub in Bossley Park as a close contact exposure site, and urged anyone who attended the club to get tested and isolate for 14 days.
A positive case visited the club, Club Marconi, on June 26 between 2pm and 8.30pm and on June 26 between 10am and 6pm.
It comes after guests of a hotel in Sydney’s inner city were put on red alert after three positive Covid-19 cases were linked to a party held at the venue.
NSW Health has ordered anyone who has been at Meriton Suites at 30 Danks St in Waterloo between 7pm on Saturday, June 26 and 8am on Monday, July 5 to immediately get tested and isolate until receiving further advice.
That includes guests, staff and contractors who were on any level of the building over the past nine days.
Chief health officer Kerry Chant said authorities were “looking closely” at a gathering held there on June 26, just hours after stay-at-home orders came into effect.
A second supermarket, the Pindi supermarket on Queen St in Auburn, was also listed as a casual contact site late on Monday.
Anyone who visited the store on June 29 between 5:40pm and 4:50pm has been told to isolate until they receive a negative test.
Two new public transport routes were identified as potential exposure sites in the city’s west and southwest, including a bus and train service.
If you caught the following services you are considered a close contact of a case and must immediately get tested and self-isolate for 14 days regardless of the result:
• Liverpool to Elizabeth Hills 827 Bus: From Moore Street at Crawford Lane to Regentville Drive before Aviation Road, Tuesday, June 29, departed 8.30am – arrived 9.05am
People who caught the following train service are considered casual contacts and need to be tested and isolate until the receive a negative result:
• T5 Cumberland Line: From Parramatta Station to Liverpool Station, Tuesday, June 29, departed 7.23am – arrived 7.49am