Cities

Fire averted at COVID-19 centre in Dahisar; 50 patients saved

(50)(50)

On Sunday, April 4, a large tragedy was averted at a jumbo COVID-19 centre in Dahisar the place 50 patients had been moved out of the power in time after a hearth broke out.

This occurs to be the third such occasion of a fireplace breaking out at a COVID-19 care centre in the town in the final six months. According to studies, on Sunday, at least 50 had been present process remedy at hangar ‘F’, the part the place the fireplace broke out and ultimately unfold to the adjoining hangar ‘G’ the place one other 49 had been admitted.

In view of the scenario, firefighters and safety workers doused the blaze utilizing extinguishers put in at the hospital. As per sources, a brief circuit in {the electrical} wiring reportedly began the fireplace.

On the opposite hand, in the previous, Mumbai’s civic physique, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) had directed coronavirus services throughout Mumbai to conduct a hearth audit in order to evaluate their structural integrity following a hearth at a personal COVID-19 hospital in Dreams Mall (Bhandup) that took the lives of 11 individuals. Moreover, the rules had been issued by BMC Commissioner Iqbal Singh Chahal whereby all 147 non-public, authorities, and civic hospitals, in addition to COVID-19 services, had been requested to hold out the aforementioned course of instantly.

The civic physique of Mumbai had earlier initiated an identical audit to determine hearth security of all of the hospitals in the town following a hearth at the Bhandara District Hospital in January this yr which claimed the lives of 10 newborns.

(50)Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button