“I was told for decades that Lockheed had some of these retrieved materials,” the Democrat advised the journal.
“And I tried to get, as I recall, a classified approval by the Pentagon to have me go look at the stuff. They would not approve that,” Reid continued. “I don’t know what all the numbers were, what kind of classification it was, but they would not give that to me.”
His feedback had been a part of an in-depth New Yorker story on U.S. authorities investigations into unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP).
Earlier Friday, The Post revealed that an ex-Pentagon official who says he ran this system probing UAPs believes the feds have been protecting up their existence.
The controversial whistleblower, Luis “Lue” Elizondo, mentioned he hasn’t been capable of get the Defense Department to behave on what he described as a critical nationwide safety threat.
Elizondo, the previous head of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, spoke out forward of a bombshell authorities report on UFOs that’s set to be launched earlier than the tip of June.
He mentioned the extremely anticipated report will deal with what UFO believers have been clamoring to find about Tic Tac-shaped objects the Navy noticed in 2004, the unusual “cubes within spheres” seen by naval aviators in 2014 and mysterious black triangles reported all over the world.
Reid — who as soon as took credit for arranging $22 million in annual funding for the AATIP — has persistently defended Elizondo, even because the whistleblower took warmth for encouraging exploration of UFOs.
“Mr. Elizondo has spent his career working tirelessly in the shadows on sensitive national-security matters, including investigating UAPs as the head of AATIP,” the previous Senate Majority Leader mentioned in a current assertion. “He performed these duties admirably.”
This story first appeared within the New York Post.