At least 18 individuals have died after a fireplace broke out in Patel Welfare COVID hospital of Gujarat’s Bharuch in the early hours on Saturday. Most patients have been shifted to a different hospital, as per preliminary updates. The fireplace broke out as a result of a brief circuit in the ICU ward, as per experiences. The hospital is located round 190 km from Ahmedabad.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted and expressed grief on the incident. “Pained by the lack of lives as a result of a fire at a hospital in Bharuch. Condolences to the bereaved households,” he tweeted.
Meanwhile, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has introduced Rs 4 lakh ex-gratia from the CM reduction fund to every kin of the deceased. Two senior IAS officers Vipul Mittra and Raj Kumar Beniwal have been requested to probe the incident.
There have been round 50 different patients on the four-storeyed Welfare Hospital when the fireplace broke out in the COVID-19 ward at round 1 am. They have been rescued by locals and firefighters, an official stated. The senior police officer in Bharuch, Rajendrasinh (*18*) knowledgeable that the fireplace has been introduced beneath management.
All the equipments inside, together with the ventilators and the fridge used to retailer the medicines and in addition the beds, have been turned to ashes. Some patients have been charred past recognition and relations discovered it troublesome to establish their our bodies, added an eye-witness.
The 12 patients in the COVID-19 ward died because of the fireplace and resultant smoke, a senior police officer in Bharuch, Rajendrasinh (*18*), stated. However, it’s not clear if the remaining six additionally died in the Welfare Hospital or whereas being shifted to different hospitals.