A security guard working in lodge quarantine in Perth has examined positive to COVID-19, with two of seven individuals sharing the person‘s house also returning positive results.
But the state will not go into lockdown “at this point”, Premier Mark McGowan said in a press conference on Saturday.
“But it’s attainable this might change by tomorrow or the day after,” he mentioned.
The security guard, a person in his twenties who lives in Nollamara, had already had his first dose of the coronavirus vaccine, Mr McGowan mentioned.
He had labored in the Pan Pacific Hotel on April 24, 25 and 26, throughout which era new arrivals have been admitted to the lodge.
He labored on the identical flooring as two lodge quarantine residents who had examined positive to COVID-19.
“CCTV vision is being reviewed, however there is no clear explanation at this point as to how the security guard could have been infected,” Mr McGowan mentioned.
“It is possible transmission could have occurred while the international arrivals were admitted into hotel quarantine and possibly were transferred to their rooms.
“This is being investigated further.”
The man’s household included two visitors from Canberra, Mr McGowan mentioned.
He mentioned the person visited a number of areas in the neighborhood whereas probably to have been infectious, together with a Northlands buying centre, a Coles, a restaurant and a mosque.
The full listing of areas will probably be uploaded to the WA authorities web site.
They at present embrace:
- Masjid Al Taqwa mosque at Mirrabooka on April 30 between 1.15pm and 2pm
- Coles at Prime West Northlands Shopping Centre at Balcutta on April 29 between 4.30pm and 5.15pm
- Agha Juice cafe at Joondanna on April 28 between 6.50pm and 8pm
- Smokemart in Prime West Northlands Shopping Centre at Balcutta on April 28 between 1.30pm and three.15pm
- Northlands Fresh at Prime West Northlands Shopping Centre at Balcutta on April 28 between 1.30pm and three.15pm
- Spudshed at Stirling on April 28 between 1.30am and a couple of.30am
- Swan Taxi Victoria Park on April 27 between 1.50pm and a couple of.45pm