If you typically ship delicate and secretive data on Gmail and need there was a approach that might block folks from forwarding the mail to another person, then Gmail’s Confidential Mode may very well be an important function for you. It allows you to prohibit folks from downloading, printing, copy-pasting and even forwarding your mail and its attachments. Thus, supplying you with peace of thoughts and serving to you retain your messages shielded from getting leaked.
This function additionally permits you to set an expiration date, publish which the content material of the e-mail mechanically disappears in order that the receiver can now not view it. Additionally, you possibly can select to lock your delicate emails and permit recipients to entry the messages solely after they enter a passcode that’s despatched to them by both an SMS or e-mail. Here’s a step-by-step information on how to use this function on Gmail’s desktop model or cell app. You may examine our information on how to ship drive information and make video calls on Gmail.
How to set an expiry date or passcode to an e-mail on Gmail
- On your Android telephone or iPhone, open the Gmail app
- Tap Compose, and within the high proper nook faucet Confidential mode. If you have got already enabled confidential mode, you possibly can go to the underside of the e-mail, then faucet Edit.
- Now, flip on Confidential mode. You can now set an expiration date for this mail for 1 day, every week, a month and even 5 years.
- If you select “No SMS passcode,” recipients utilizing the Gmail app will probably be ready to open the mail instantly. But, if you’d like the receiver to enter a passcode earlier than studying the mail to confirm their identification, you possibly can go to Require Passcode and select SMS passcode. And, if you ship this mail, you may be required to add a telephone quantity. Just be sure to enter the recipient’s telephone quantity, not your individual.
- Tap Done
- Similarly, on Gmail’s desktop model, Click Compose.
- In the underside proper of the window, click on Turn on confidential mode. But, when you have already enabled it for an e-mail, then go to the underside of the e-mail, then click on Edit.
- Now, to set an expiration date and passcode, select “SMS passcode** and the recipients will get a passcode by text message.
- Click Save.
How to open an email sent with confidential mode
If the sender used confidential mode to send an email, then you can view the message and attachments until the expiration date or until the sender removes access. And, remember that the options to copy, paste, download, print, and forward the message text and attachments are disabled, and you might need to enter a passcode to open the email.
For more tutorials, visit our How To section.
Is OnePlus 9R old wine in a new bottle — or something more? We discussed this on Orbital, the Gadgets 360 podcast. Later (beginning at 23:00), we discuss in regards to the new OnePlus Watch. Orbital is on the market on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and wherever you get your podcasts.