Hyundai India recently unveiled its upcoming Alcazar 6/7-seater SUV that may take straight on the newly-launched Tata Safari, Mahindra XUV500 and MG Hector Plus. The three-row SUV from the South Korean carmaker may see a launch in coming weeks. Ahead of its market arrival, the corporate has revealed its engine and gearbox particulars. Here’s a short comparability between Hyundai Alcazar and Tata Safari primarily based on their engine specs.
– Hyundai’s new three-row SUV will include each petrol and diesel engine choices. The petrol model will use the up to date model of the Tucson and Elantra’s 2.0L, 4-cylinder motor. The unit has been tuned for producing energy price 159bhp and 192Nm of torque, thereby making it 7bhp extra highly effective than the Tucson and Elantra.
– The new Hyundai Alcazar diesel has been full of the 1.5L, 4-cylinder turbocharged motor borrowed from the Creta 5-seater. The oil burner produces a peak energy of 115bhp and 250Nm of torque.
– The Tata Safari, alternatively, comes with a 2.0L turbocharged diesel engine that’s good for 170bhp and 350Nm of torque. It’s the identical powertrain that does obligation within the Harrier. Tata’s Kryotec diesel engine is alleged to be impressed by Cryogenic rocket engine. It has low friction valve prepare structure and a complicated EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) to satisfy stringent emission requirements.
– Compared to the Safari, the Alcazar diesel is 55bhp much less highly effective and 100Nm much less torqueier.
Gearboxes, Drive Modes
– Both engines of the Alcazar SUV may be had with both a 6-speed guide gearbox or a 6-speed computerized transmission. It gives three drive modes – Eco, City and Sports.
– Similar to the Alcazar, the brand new Safari comes with three drive modes – Eco, City and Sports. Tata’s three-row SUV additionally comes with the 6-speed guide and 6-speed torque convertor computerized gearbox choices. Read – 2021 Hyundai Aura Features Leaked Ahead of Launch
– Mileage of the Hyundai Alcazar is but to be revealed. Though, the carmaker has confirmed that its diesel model (with each guide and computerized gearboxes) will ship finest in phase gas effectivity. The petrol variant can be mentioned to supply “superior” mileage.
– The new Tata Safari guarantees a gas effectivity of 16.14kmpl with guide gearbox and 14.08kmpl with computerized transmission.