With the second wave receding and the number of fresh daily Covid-19 cases on a steady decline, Indian Railways is set to resume services for several trains that have been suspended in recent weeks.
Apart from the regular service trains, union minister Piyush Goyal-led Indian Railways is also resuming several special trains that were cancelled due to Covid-19 surge.
Among the train services being restarted in June, these 13 trains under the Northern Railways will resume on June 15, 2021:
- Train Number: 02055, New Delhi- Dehradun Jan Shatabdi Special
- Train Number 02058, Una Himachal- New Delhi Jan Shatabdi Special
- Train Number 02401, Kota- Dehradun Nanda Devi Covid Special
- Train Number 02263, Pune- Hazrat Nizamuddin AC Duronto Special
- Train Number 04609, Hemkunt Special from Rishikesh to Katra
- Train Number 02456, Bikaner- Delhi Sarai Rohilla Superfast Special
- Train Number 04021, Sainik Special from Delhi Sarai Rohilla to Jaipur
- Train Number 04553, Himachal Express Special from Old Delhi to
- Train Number 02446, Uttar Sampark Kranti Festive Special from Katra
- Train Number 04307, Prayagraj Sangam- Bareilly Special
- Train Number 04211, Agra Cantt- New Delhi Intercity Special
- Train Number 04215, Prayagraj to Lucknow Ganga Gomti Special
- Train Number 04236, Bareilly- Varanasi Special
Passengers looking to book tickets and travel on these trains are advised to ensure that all Covid-19 safety guidelines and protocols are adhered to when they make their journey.