New Telugu movies on OTT (March 2023): Sir, Writer Padmabhushan, Butta Bomma, and more | 91mobiles.com
Telugu fans are in for a treat with some of the best new Telugu-language films being made available for streaming online across OTT platforms such as Amazon Prime Video, Aha Video, Netflix, Zee5, and more. From crime thrillers to romantic flicks, there is something for everyone to enjoy. We have compiled a list of the latest Telugu movies that made it to OTT platforms in the recent past. The list includes Butta Bomma, Hunt, Lucky Lakshman, and more. So, check it out:
List of new Telugu movies released on OTT
|MOVIE||OTT platform||IMDb Rating|
|Veera Simha Reddy||Disney Plus Hotstar||5.9|
|Lucky Lakshman||Amazon Prime Video||7.1|
|Gaalodu||Amazon Prime Video||6.4|
|Malikappuram||Disney Plus Hotstar||7.6|
|Hunt||Amazon Prime Video||5.1|
Telugu movies on OTT
Also known as Vaathi, Sir is a unique bilingual film, shot simultaneously in Tamil and Telugu. The Dhanush-starrer is an action comedy about a young man who struggles against the concept of privatisation of education. Written and directed by Venky Atluri, Sir is beautifully set in the small town of Sozhavaram in the time range of the late 1990s and early 2000s, as it shows how the transition of education in rural parts of India was taken by different parts of society. Dhanush stars in an impactful role.
- Sir IMDb rating – 7.6
- Where to watch Sir – Netflix
- Sir cast – Dhanush, Samyuktha Menon, Samuthirakani
- Sir release date – February 17th
2. Writer Padmabhushan
Written and directed by Shanmukha Prasanth, Writer Padmabhushan is a comedy drama on a Vijaywada-based aspiring young writer, who along with his family must go on the journey of his lifetime in an attempt to protect themselves. Directed beautifully by the debutant, this film is the story of an aspiring writer who must prove his mettle in order to become a famous writer. With so many sub-plots, this sure is one weekend binge-watch you wouldn’t want to miss.
- Writer Padmabhushan IMDb rating – 8.8
- Where to watch Writer Padmabhushan – Zee5
- Writer Padmabhushan cast – Gowri Priya, Goparaju Ramana, Rohini
- Writer Padmabhushan release date – February 3rd
3. Butta Bomma
Romance, action, and drama – this is all you get in Butta Bomma, one of the best masala Telugu entertainers out in March on OTT. Inspired by the superhit song of the same name from 2020’s Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo, Butta Bomma is the directorial debut of Shouree Chandrashekhar T. Ramesh, and tells the story of Satya, an auto driver in a village in Araku, who falls in love with a girl over the phone. Having never met her, he sets out on his journey to prove his mettle and let her know. The film is actually a remake of 2020 Malayalam film, Kappela.
- Butta Bomma IMDb rating – 7.0
- Where to watch Butta Bomma – Netflix
- Butta Bomma cast – Chiranjeevi, Ravi Teja, Shruti Haasan, Catherine Tresa, Prakash Raj, Bobby Simha, Rajendra Prasad, Vennela Kishore, Koushik Mahata, Nassar, Pradeep Singh Rawat, John Vijay
- Butta Bomma release date – March 4th
4. Waltair Veerayya
Megastar Chiranjeevi and Mass Maharaja Ravi Teja come together for the action drama movie Waltair Veerayya. Chiranjeevi plays the titular role who is a fisherman accused of smuggling, while Ravi essays the role of ACP Vikram Sagar, who is in charge of the crackdown of the drug syndicate and also, Veerayya’s half-brother. Vikram continues to play cat and mouse with Veerayya but without any success. Although Veerayya has been labelled as a smuggler, the accusation has not been proven even after a prolonged investigation. So, is he really a smuggler or is there more to the story? Watch this thrilling action-drama to unravel the mystery.
- Waltair Veerayya IMDb rating – 7.0
- Where to watch Waltair Veerayya – Netflix
- Waltair Veerayya cast – Chiranjeevi, Ravi Teja, Shruti Haasan, Catherine Tresa, Prakash Raj, Bobby Simha, Rajendra Prasad, Vennela Kishore, Koushik Mahata, Nassar, Pradeep Singh Rawat, John Vijay
- Waltair Veerayya release date – February 27th
5. Veera Simha Reddy
Veera Simha Reddy is a Telugu-language action drama movie directed by Gopichand Malineni. The movie stars Nandamuri Balakrishna in a dual role (father Veera and son Jai), along with Shruti Haasan, Duniya Vijay, and Varalaxmi Sarathkumar in other prominent roles. Veera is a leader in Pulicherla, while his son is a successful businessman living in Turkey and is unaware of his father. Jai plans to marry Isha, and during discussions, Jai’s mother tells everyone about Veera. For the marriage, Veera flies to Turkey but his past follows him there as well and henceforth, things change drastically for Veera and his loved ones.
- Veera Simha Reddy IMDb rating – 5.9
- Where to watch Veera Simha Reddy – Disney Plus Hotstar
- Veera Simha Reddy cast – Nandamuri Balakrishna, Honey Rose, Shruti Haasan, Varalaxmi Sarathkumar, Duniya Vijay, Lal, B. S. Avinash, Naveen Chandra, P. Ravi Shankar, Ajay Ghosh, Murali Sharma, Sachin Khedekar
- Veera Simha Reddy release date – February 23rd
6. Lucky Lakshman
Lucky Lakshman is a comedy-drama movie written and directed by Abhi Ar. This is a story of a middle-class man Lakshman (Syed Sohel Ryan) who has faced many hardships since childhood due to financial constraints. Due to this, he has faced personal upheavals in his life and relationships – be it with his parents or girlfriend. But later things change for the better after he starts a business with his childhood friends. However, in a twist of the tale, things take a drastic turn, causing unrest and a lot of drama in his life. Watch the movie to find out the interesting story of Lakshman.
- Lucky Lakshman IMDb rating – 7.1
- Where to watch Lucky Lakshman – Amazon Prime Video
- Lucky Lakshman cast – Syed Sohel Ryan, Moksha, Devi Prasad, Sameer Hasan, Raja Ravindra, Kadambari Kiran
- Lucky Lakshman release date – February 17th
Directed by Raja Sekar Reddy Pulicharla, Gaalodu is a romantic entertainer full of action and drama. The titular role is played by Sudigali Sudheer, who is referred to as Raj aka Rajinikanth in the movie. Raj is a poor boy living in the village, who accidentally kills the son of the village’s head aka sarpanch. Raj runs to Hyderabad to escape the aftermath, where he meets a beautiful girl from an affluent family – Shukla, played by Gehna Sippy. Soon love blossoms between the two, but will they be able to live happily together or will Raj’s past catch up with his present?
- Gaalodu IMDb rating – 6.4
- Where to watch Gaalodu – Amazon Prime Video
- Gaalodu cast – Sudigali Sudheer, Gehna Sippy, Sapthagiri, Prudhvi Raj, Shakalaka Shankar, Posani Krishna Murali, Raj Bala, Satya Krishnan
- Gaalodu release date – February 17th
8. Kalyanam Kamaneeyam
Kalyanam Kamaneeyam is a simple love story of Shiva (Santosh Soban) and Shruti (Priya Bhavani Shankar). Like most love stories, their love story ends with a happy marriage. Everything seems normal and their love grows for each other with every passing day, but Shiva’s prolonged spell of unemployment starts taking a toll on their relationship. Shiva is jobless while Shruthi is working at a software company, and although Shiva incessantly tries to find a job, he doesn’t succeed. What bothers Shiva more than not succeeding is that his efforts go unnoticed by Shruti, and this dynamic eventually starts affecting their marriage. Will they be able to overcome the complications in their relationship?
- Kalyanam Kamaneeyam IMDb rating – 6.1
- Where to watch Kalyanam Kamaneeyam – Aha
- Kalyanam Kamaneeyam cast – Santosh Shoban, Priya Bhavani Shankar, Devi Prasad, Pavithra Lokesh, Satyam Rajesh, Saptagiri
- Kalyanam Kamaneeyam release date – February 17th
Based on the revered subject of Sabarimala, the emotional drama movie Malikappuram has been directed by Vishnu Sasi Shankar. Abhilash Pillai takes a nuanced approach to this subject and explores many concepts of Sanatan Dharma including the philosophy of Tat Tvam Asi. The story centres around an innocent 8-year-old girl named Kalyani alias Kallu (Deva Nandha) who desires to visit Sabarimala because of her deep faith and devout instinct. Her journey from her village Panchalimedu to Sabarimala is quite interesting as well enlightening. She even meets a man named Ayyappan (Unni Mukundan), who seems to be god sent angel to help him. But, is he really?
- Malikappuram IMDb rating – 7.6
- Where to watch Malikappuram – Disney Plus Hotstar
- Malikappuram cast – Unni Mukundan, Deva Nandha, Sreepath Yan, Saiju Kurup, Ramesh Pisharody, Manoj K. Jayan, Renji Panicker, Alphy Panjikkaran, Manohari Joy, T. G. Ravi, Sreejith Ravi, Sampath Ram, Ajay Vasudev, Thushara Pillai, Kalabhavan Jinto, Aswathy Abhilash
- Malikappuram release date – February 15th
Hunt is an action thriller movie directed by Mahesh Surapaneni and is the remake of the 2013 Malayalam movie Mumbai Police. This movie stars Sudheer Babu (as ACP Arjun), Srikanth (as Commissioner Mohan Bhargav) and Bharath (as ACP Aryan Dev) in prominent roles. They essay the role of close friends and are often referred to as the ‘Mumbai trio’. The trio are trying to solve a mystery but hit a roadblock after Arjun loses his memory post an unfortunate accident. As much is at stake, Arjun tries to regain his memory fast and for this, he traces important events of his life. But what he discovers is quite shocking.
- Hunt IMDb rating – 5.1
- Where to watch Hunt – Amazon Prime Video
- Hunt cast – Sudheer Babu, Bharath Sreenivasan, Srikanth Meka, Chitra Shukla, Mime Gopi, Kabir Duhan Singh, Srikanth, Bharath Niwas
- Hunt release date – February 10th