The UTS modifications got implemented for better functioning of the mobile app.
In Central Railway (CR)’s all 5 divisions, 14.76 crore passengers used UTS Mobile app with earnings of INR 161.75 crores during April to November 2023. However, in Mumbai Division, 14.44 crore passengers used UTS Mobile app with Earnings of INR 155.86 Crores during the same period.
1. Mumbai Division reduced the app lock time due to a wrong password from 60 minutes to 15 minutes.
2. Payment process made easier by providing an option to pay directly through UPI mode without the need to toggle between UTS App and payment App.
3. Previously the outer limit for booking UTS ticket was 5 km for suburban stations and 20 kms for non-suburban station from the source station. Now it has been enhanced to 20 kms and 50 Kms respectively.
4. Minimum recharge of INR 50 enabled in UTS APP from March 2023 when recharge is done through online mode.
5. The process of handset change request has been simplified resulting in reduced complaints on rail Madad. Users can now process handset change requests even when he holds an active journey/season ticket. If the user wilfully opt for handset change then the app will take one hour for the ticket to get synced. However if the handset change is done forcefully (i.e. Change of handset and try to login in new device without initiating handset change request in the old one) then app will take 24 hours for the ticket to get synced in the new handset.
6. Booking of up to 4 passengers on one ticket has been enabled for First Class and AC EMU on UTS App w.e.f. 19.01.2023
7. App now available in Marathi language along with Hindi and English.