Now you will be able to download your Aadhaar card without registering your mobile number. The Aadhaar issuing body, Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), anounced this news recently.
Earlier, users had to register their mobile numbers and link it to their Aadhaar card to download.
Here’s how you can download your Aadhaar card without having your mobile number registered:
– Visit the official website of UIDAI and tap on ‘My Aadhaar’
– Click on ‘Order Aadhaar PVC Card’
– Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
– If you want then you can also enter a 16-digit Virtual Identification Number (VID) instead of an Aadhaar number
– After this, enter the security or captcha code given to you
– If you want to download the card without a registered mobile number, then click on the option ‘My mobile number is not registered’
– Now enter your alternate number or unregistered mobile number
– Now click on ‘Send OTP’
– Now One Time Password (OTP) will come on the alternate number entered by you
– Next, you click on the ‘Terms and Conditions’ checkbox and then finally click on ‘Submit’
– Now you will be redirected to a new page
– For the verification of reprinting, you will get the option of preview Aadhaar letter here
– After this, you select the option of ‘Make Payment’